Premier Personal Injury Lawyers in Cleveland, MS Serve Clients Statewide
Experienced litigators work to obtain payment for victims of negligence
At Povall & Jeffreys, P.A., we are accomplished Cleveland, Mississippi personal injury attorneys who have achieved strong results for clients all over the state. If you have been hurt because of someone else’s negligence, we can help you today.
What types of cases do personal injury lawyers handle?
Throughout Mississippi, our attorneys stand up for victims in matters arising from:
- Car accidents — Following a car wreck, we deal with insurance companies and at-fault drivers so injured clients have the financial support they need to move forward.
- Truck accidents — Large commercial vehicles can inflict terrible harm during a collision with smaller cars on the road. In truck accident claims, we take on negligent drivers and companies that employ them.
- Motorcycle accidents — Due to the lack of safety features on motorcycles, bikers are at particular risk when cars and trucks are operated carelessly. You can count on us for strong advocacy after a crash.
- Defective product injuries — Dangerous drugs and other products that are improperly made or labeled can cause injuries or even deaths. We have earned substantial damages in product liability matters.
- Medical malpractice — If you’ve been harmed due to the negligence of a doctor or another healthcare provider, our attorneys can advise you regarding a potential medical malpractice claim.
- Premises liability claims — When property owners fail to protect their guests from hazards on their premises, we seek relief for victims of slip and fall incidents as well as other types of injuries that occur as a result.
- Farm accidents — Heavy equipment on a farm could lead to a serious accident if appropriate care is not taken.
Drawing on more than seven decades of combined experience, we are capable of handling the most complex cases, including claims involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
When should you contact a lawyer after an injury in Mississippi?
The statute of limitations for Mississippi personal injury cases usually runs for three years, but each cause of action may have a different deadline, depending on the circumstances. Our knowledgeable attorneys can make sure that all filings in your case are made properly and on time. Whatever type of claim you have, the best time to contact a qualified attorney is as soon as possible after you’ve been hurt. We will start the investigation promptly so that critical evidence and witnesses can be found. From there, we work diligently to obtain payment for you as quickly as possible.
Common injuries from accidents and dangerous products
When litigating a personal injury claim, it is critical to demonstrate the harm suffered by the plaintiff as a result of the defendant’s negligence or willful misconduct. This might require extensive medical evidence, and expert testimony. Our skillful attorneys can handle any type of injury case, including matters involving:
- Wrongful deaths
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Blood clots, heart attacks and strokes caused by dangerous medications
- Eye injuries, burns and other ailments caused by defective products
- Bone fractures, nerve and ligament damage
- Infections and viral diseases caused by healthcare negligence
We gather the necessary evidence to bolster plaintiffs’ injury claims and present what we’ve found in a clear, compelling manner.
Is hiring a personal injury lawyer worth it?
In addition to providing you with prompt personal assistance with your matter, our attorneys can help you steer your case towards the best possible outcome by helping avoid common legal pitfalls that clients can encounter without proper counseling. While many claims settle out of court, we are fully prepared to solve your matter through litigation.
You don’t pay us unless we collect a financial recovery for you
Our office accepts personal injury cases on a contingency basis, which means that you won’t owe us anything for our services unless we are successful in helping you obtain compensation through a judgment or settlement. We offer free initial consultations for personal injury cases and can visit you outside our offices if you are unable to travel due to your injuries.
Thorough legal knowledge combined with personal service
Our firm is determined to help you understand areas of Mississippi law that affect your case, such as:
- Comparative negligence — Even if you happen to be partially responsible for an accident which caused you injury, you still may be able to recover if someone else was partially at fault too. In these cases, the amount of a damage award is based each side’s percentage of fault. So if you incur $100,000 in damages and are held to be 20 percent at fault, you would collect $80,000.
- Damage caps — State law caps certain types of noneconomic and punitive damages, and limits the liability of property owners for acts by third parties. Our staff can advise you on when these provisions might apply and makes sure you are well informed on the type of recovery you can expect.
From start to finish, we keep you apprised of the relevant law and every case development.
Contact a proven Mississippi personal injury lawyer for a free consultation
Povall & Jeffreys, P.A. in Cleveland represents personal injury victims in the Delta area and all over Mississippi. For a free and confidential consultation regarding your case, please call 662-843-9948 or contact us online.