Cleveland, Mississippi Car Accident Lawyers Represent Injured Victims
Firm seeks compensation for people hurt in automobile and truck crashes
Car crashes remain one of the leading causes of injury-related deaths in Mississippi. In fact, Mississippi’s motor vehicle fatality rate ranked highest in the nation in 2018 and remains well above the national average today. At Povall & Jeffreys, P.A., we are accomplished car accident lawyers in Cleveland, Mississippi who seek justice for the victims of car wrecks and their families. Whether you suffered a treatable injury or will be dealing with the effects of a crash for the rest of your life, our firm will give you the representation and personal attention you deserve.
Top reasons car wrecks happen
A wide range of factors can cause a car accident. Some of the most common include:
- Drunk or drug-impaired driving — Even when someone is not cited criminally for driving under the influence, alcohol or drugs might have affected their ability to operate their vehicle safely.
- Distractions — Between cell phones, dashboard video displays and traditional in-car distractions, there are numerous things that can take a driver’s focus away from the road.
- Vehicle malfunctions — A failure of even a small part of a car could trigger a serious wreck. Our firm has extensive experience handling product liability claims against negligent manufacturers.
- Speeding and reckless driving — When a crash occurs, we use physical, documentary and witness evidence to identify if the driver was speeding or violating some other traffic law.
The circumstances surrounding your accident can affect the amount of recovery you receive and potentially entitle you to punitive damages in the case of extremely egregious behavior. Our staff will provide a thorough analysis of your case and help you recover the maximum amount possible.
What you should do following a car accident
Safety should always be top priority after a vehicle accident. If you are able, call the police and request medical treatment for yourself and anyone who is hurt at the scene. Once this has been done, you might be able to gather key evidence that could support your claim. By taking photos with your phone and getting contact information for witnesses, you can speed up the investigation process even before the police report is filed. Contacting an experienced personal injury lawyer in Cleveland, MS promptly will help you understand your legal options and the potential value of your claim.
Common injuries that can result from a car accident
You might suffer broken bones, ligament damage, burns, a concussion or other types of physical harm in a car wreck. Victims of commercial truck accidents are more likely to suffer catastrophic harm that could include paralysis, loss of a body part or a permanent brain injury. When warranted, we bring in doctors and other experts to develop an informed perspective on how much compensation you should seek.
How long do you have in Mississippi to file a claim?
A Mississippi auto accident victim who wishes to file a lawsuit against a negligent driver must do so within three years of the wreck. However, it is usually best to act as quickly as possible so that critical evidence can be located and you can receive payment before medical bills and other expenses become overwhelming. Our firm looks at comparable cases, the injuries suffered and the degree of fault to calculate an appropriate settlement demand.
How an accomplished lawyer can help
With over 70 years of combined experience, our attorneys have successfully represented many victims of automobile and trucking accidents and helped them recover from injury and lost property. Relieving your financial and emotional burden is our top priority and we take numerous steps to assist in that process, including:
- Negotiating on your behalf — Insurance companies can sometimes be reluctant to offer full and fair compensation in order to properly reimburse you after an accident. We provide skillful advocacy to obtain the maximum amount of damages and reimbursements that you are entitled to.
- Taking action against all liable parties — Other parties beyond the negligent driver might be responsible for a crash. Whether it is a solo driver, one who acts as an agent for a large company or an insurance company, we work to hold all liable parties accountable.
- Helping you pursue financial recovery — If physical injuries are involved, you could be entitled to medical expenses, compensation for pain and suffering, lost earnings, physical therapy and rehabilitation costs as well as potential punitive damages if circumstances allow for them.
Our knowledgeable lawyers will make a thorough evaluation of your claim and answer all of your questions.
Contact an effective Mississippi attorney if you’ve been hurt in a car wreck
Povall & Jeffreys, P.A. in Cleveland seeks compensation for Mississippi victims of car and truck accidents. Please call 662-843-9948 or contact us online to speak with an experienced lawyer.