Mississippi Defective Prescription Drug Lawyers
Povall & Jeffreys, P.A. are drug injury lawyers who provide representation for those harmed by dangerous prescription drugs
Pharmaceuticals and prescription medications are a multi-billion dollar business. Despite oversight from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other governmental agencies, pharmaceutical companies still manage to sell expensive pills and products that can be defective, cause dangerous side-effects or fail to perform as advertised.
Recent examples of prescription drugs or medical supplies with potentially serious side-effects include:
- Yasmin (also commonly known as Yaz) – Sold as a contraceptive, but can result in a high risk of blood clotting, heart attack and stroke. The manufacturer was also cited by the FDA for overstating the benefits of the drug.
- Fosomax (also known as Alendronate) – Used to treat osteoporosis and other bone-related diseases. Evidence has emerged linking long-term use of the drug with an increased risk of jaw-bone disease and thigh fractures.
- Vioxx (also known as Rofecoxib) – This drug was widely prescribed for the treatment of pain and arthritis before being pulled from the market in 2004 after studies found users had a significantly higher rate of heart attacks and strokes. Vioxx was subsequently linked to tens of thousands of cases involving severe heart disease and cardiac arrests.
- Composix Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch – Mesh patches used in hernia repair surgeries were recalled after reports of defective plastic rings in the device which would break and cause critical injuries to patients’ internal organs.
- DePuy ASR Hip Implants – Product was eventually recalled after studies found an unusually high failure rate of the devices, causing infections, fractures and nerve damage among other complications.
Lawyers Committed To Ensuring Your Safety From Dangerous Prescription Drugs
With the medical community increasingly reliant on prescription medications and other pharmaceutical products, it becomes critical to make sure that these products perform safely as advertised with full disclosures to the patients taking them.
The attorneys at Povall & Jeffreys are committed to making sure our pharmaceuticals and medical supplies are safe for use and holding companies accountable for their actions.
Contact The Medication Injury Lawyers at Povall & Jeffreys For Help
If you feel that you may have been the victim of defective medical drugs or suffered harm from such products due to undisclosed or unreasonable side-effects, contact the Cleveland offices of Povall & Jeffreys. Our staff is here to help you.